New service pack PowerFactory 2016 SP6 now available
DIgSILENT actively maintains the latest major version PowerFactory 2017, as well as the two preceeding major software versions PowerFactory 2016 and PowerFactory 15.2.
In this context, DIgSILENT has released the new service pack PowerFactory 2016 SP6.
This service packs comes with a series of fixes and improvements. For details please refer to the corresponding Release Notes.
Installation files and related documentation for this new service pack are available to registered users of companies with valid guarantee/maintenance on the DIgSILENT Download Area.
- New Network Model Manager with grouping and filter functionality
- Improved workflow through redesigned user interface
- Diagram Layout Tool for auto-drawing of network diagrams
- Integration of plots in network diagrams
- View Bookmarks for improved navigation
- Significantly improved performance by new parallelisation features as well as Task Automation command
- QV Curves Calculation as new Transmission Network Tool
- Phase Balance Optimisation as new Distribution Network Tool
- Improved Reliability Assessment by Contribution to Indices
- Cable Ampacity calculation based on IEC 60287 or Neher-McGrath method
- Network reduction method based on REI equivalents
- New Frequency Analysis tool including Prony Analysis
- Enhanced electrical models such as extended synchronous machine models, power electronic converter models (MMC, HVDC Control Modes), and a new Universal Line Model (ULM), etc.
- New convenient functions for plots (statistic labels, moving/sliding and compression, digital signal plots, fault recorder view, etc.)
- Compliance with ENTSO-E Profile CGMES based on CIM 16
More information can be found in the document "What's New in PowerFactory 2016", which is also available for download. New Users can apply for a Demo Request.
Please note that since PowerFactory 2016, the licensing technology has changed. For customers using PowerFactory 15.x and previous versions, it is important to note that PowerFactory 2016 will not automatically work with the old USB hardlocks anymore. This implies that customers who wish to move from former versions to PowerFactory 2016 will need to migrate their former licence. Note that, with the addtional installation of a "legacy licence" component, it will still be possible to run your old PowerFactory 15.x installation using the new licence.
Please apply for licence migration via our contact form.
For more information on new features and enhancements please also refer to